Ever dreamed of visiting paradise? Of course you have!
Camp Maldives is one of the most beautiful Camp Locations we have. Based on an Island, our Camp Maldives volunteers get involved with community projects and culture workshops, making a real difference within the local community. Spend your time off lying on the beach, snorkelling and surfing. You even get to visit a luxury resort for the day!
The Maldives is a tropic country in the Indian Ocean. It is made up of 26 ring shaped atolls and has more than 1000 coral islands! Amazing right? Famous for it's blue lagoons, crystal clear water, sparkling beaches and resorts on stilts, the Maldives is one of the most desirable holiday destinations in the world.
Community based projects and cultural workshops
If you're looking for a tropical, hands on summer camp experience then this is it. Being with a group of people, you'll make so many friends and what better way to enjoy your time than down at the beach, snorkelling and visiting a resort?
Your workshops and cultural experiences will be 3-4 days a week for about 5 hours per day. Outside of this is free time where you can relax or get involved with extra activities.
Airport Pickup and Transfer
You will arrive in Male International Airport before meeting our Camp Maldives team in the terminal who. You'll then be provided with a domestic flight and boat transfer to the island on which you will be accommodated.
Take a guided tour around your new island and visit the local communities and have a trip to the beach to top your tan up.
The workshops begins the day after your orientation so you are immersed straightaway within the island life. Immerse yourself in the local community and help in beach clean ups.
Snorkelling And Fishing
The hundreds of atolls that are the Maldives is formed of the carbonate-rich rocks submerged beneath the warm waters surrounding the shores. Not only are these responsible for the beautiful white beaches but they are also a foundation of diverse sea-life. Amongst the corals, some of the most magnificent fish can be found; native only to the Maldives.
Being situated within the Indian Ocean, the Maldives receives an unprecedented amount of fetch that batter it’s shorelines, especially during the stormy season. Surfers rush from the in-land at the chance of catching a big swell within this exotic paradise.
It’s going to be hard to leave this majestic paradise, we know that… so if you need to take a few more days here absorbing as much of it as possible we understand. Just let us know in advance when you are planning to return and we will arrange your return transport to the airport in Male ensuring you have no reason to concern yourself with planning after a month away…
- Pick up and airport transfer in Male.
- Accommodation in Hoadedhoo with breakfast, for your entire stay at Camp Maldives!
- Orientation in Hoadedhoo with introductory visit to community centres.
- Local transport throughout placement.
- Trip to Tinadhoo with island and beach tours.
- Multiple fishing, snorkelling and surfing experiences.
- Beach conservation project.
- Cultural experience work shops.
- Mangrove Reforestation program.
- Maldivian language and culture session.
- Island beach picnics and overnight island party.
- Sporting competition with a local team.
- An evening of cooking for the locals.
- Incredible farewell party!
- Departure transfer to airport in Male.
- Full support throughout programme.
- Free Camp Maldives T-shirt.
What’s not included?
- Flights (We source flights for all applicants via our Flight Partners who get heavily reduced fairs for us!)
- Insurance, personal expenses, vaccinations (most are free from the NHS)
- £48.86 DBS Criminal Background Check